Wednesday, March 10, 2010

LORETTA'S GOLD BRACELET

Loretta’s Gold Bracelet
              - Donna DiPietro

In the mid 1990s, I was working at a real estate office in Wellesley, Massachusetts. One day I received a call from a woman named Loretta asking for my help in finding her gold bracelet. She got my name from one of my co-workers, who incidentally had asked for, and successfully received, my help in finding her own lost bracelet. Loretta said she never took her bracelet off but somehow it fell off and she was afraid it was gone forever. She told me that she had put an ad in the newspaper with a reward for anyone who found it. I told her that I would not accept a reward and would be happy to help find her bracelet. After speaking with her and hanging up the phone, I sat at my desk and received visions in my mind. I wasn’t sure if they meant anything but they came to me one by one. I first saw a GOLD CUP; then a LARGE FLAT RED OBJECT THAT LOOKED LIKE A BOOK; YELLOW FLOWERS; a SMALL BROWNISH HOUSE; and AX7. I called Loretta and left her a voicemail with this information. I said I didn’t know if these things meant anything and that I would call her if I received any more information. The next day it was my turn to fill in for the receptionist while she was at lunch and I was sitting at the front desk when Loretta called. I answered the phone and she screamed with excitement that she found the bracelet. She said that all the things I mentioned led to the bracelet. Part of her kitchen was her office and she said there was a big red book that she kept appointments in, and there were yellow flowers nearby. There was also a miniature brownish house near the book, next to the book was an American Express bill with AX7 on it, and the gold cup I saw was the gold pencil cup that sat amongst the other items that I mentioned. She looked inside the gold pencil cup and found her bracelet. She said perhaps one of her children had found it and put it there. Since I insisted I would not accept a reward, she came over to the office with a huge bouquet of flowers. To top it off, at the exact same time I was talking with her on the phone and she was telling me all this, I got a call on the other line. It was another lady asking for my help to find her gold heart-shaped pendant, which I found in a matter of minutes, also over the phone.

3 comments:

  1. That's amazing that you were so precise and saw the objects in great detail that were clues to finding the lost bracelet. You didn't even know the lady and only spoke to her on the phone and suddenly you received this information. P.S. You should have accepted the reward.
    JM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stories! They are so descriptive I feel like I'm experiencing them. I anxiously look forward to more and more and more.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Donna,
    I found your blog by chance and look forward to each new story. I read and re-read the others and can't get enough. You are an excellent writer and you make the reader feel a part of your stories. I have told my friends and they are hooked too.
    Thank you!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete